LOCAL ATTRACTIONS


       Visit Mayberry:

  •  Floyd's Barber Shop
  • Snappy Lunch
  • Old Mayberry Jail
  • Barney's Cafe
  • Bluebird Diner
  • Regional History Museum
  • Andy Griffith Museum
  • Wally's Service Station

ABOUT US


for local attractions


CALL NOW FOR RESERVATIONS: (336) 789-6199

  • Buck Shoals Winery
  • Brushy Mountain Winery
  • Chateau Lourinda
  • Elkin Creek Vinyard & Winery
  • Hanover Park Vinyard
  • Herrera Vinyard

   Mayberry Campground is a privately owned RV park located in the small town of Mt. Airy, NC which is often referred to as Mayberry.  The land the campground is built on was once part of a 2,000 acre farm owned by the original Siamese twins, Eng and Chang Bunker.  The twins and their wives, Sarah (Eng) and Adelaide (Chang), settled in Mt. Airy, NC.  Eng and Chang each had their own home and would stay at one residence for three nights, then go to the other residence for three nights. Eng and Sara had 11 children while Chang and Adelaide had 10.  The twins were never separated and died on January 17, 1874 at the age of 62. 


Within the campground property there is a white farmhouse (pictured above) that was built by Eng's son, William Bunker in 1900. The campground owner, Benny East, is the great-great grandson of Eng.  His mother, Ruby Bunker East, was born and raised in the farmhouse along with her 5 sisters.  Kali Boles, the campground manager, is a great-great-great granddaughter of Eng.


WE ARE OPEN ALL YEAR!

Copyright 2013. Mayberry Campground. All rights reserved.